After playing The Sims 3 for the past several months, I have become rather bored playing with the same two cities. Each city has several different stories that can be played, but a new environment and the ability to build it would be a great way to enrich the game even more. Today EA released The Sims 3 Create a World Tool – Beta giving each of us the opportunity to become game designers. Players will now have the ability to use the same robust world-building tools that the EA creative team uses to create towns for the game. This toll will allow players to design and build entire worlds for their Sims or they can begin with the already pre-made Sunset Valley or Riverview terrains. This tool allows for the users to have endless creative possibilities and to make their own countless new stories.
A tool like this will enhance the current game play. A tool like this was part of The Sims 2, so it will be nice to see it added to The Sims 3. The tool is currently available as a free download that will also include a new game update. The Game Update includes an update to Shop Mode. Players will now have the ability to shop from The Sims 3 Store right inside their game. As you purchase items they will be added to the catalog, all while the game is running.
Features of the tool include:
1. Design Entire Worlds – Players can choose terrain patterns, vegetation and neighborhood accents like water towers and lighthouses, then place lots and roads to create something totally unique.
2. Players Choice – Players can start with a blank canvas, or modify the terrains that formed the basis of Sunset Valley or Riverview.
3. For Advanced Designers – Those with design skills can bring creativity to life by creating and importing designs from Photoshop and other programs into their world.
4. Trees Galore! – Combine objects and items from The Sims 3 World Adventures expansion pack or items from The Sims 3 Store to create a one of a kind landscape.
5. Share with the World – Created worlds can be shared and downloaded through The Sims 3 Exchange. Sims players will now have additional worlds to choose from beyond the extra town of Riverview, which has been downloaded 2MM times.
If you are bored with your current stories then this new tool will help give you something to look forward to as you begin to imagine and create your own possibilities. I know that I need to go download this tool now and start working on my new story lines.